One of the things I like about my current job is the time off lets me take care of things I've been meaning to get around to doing but just haven't had time. Our hot tub has been having some issues maintaining temperature, and I don't know if it's been colder than last year, the heating element is going bad, or something else. This morning, I spent $80 and about 2.5 hours lining the octagonal tub with 2" r-max thermasheath 3 panel insulation, and it's refilling now. We'll see if that fixes the problem - at a minimum, I'm sure it'll cut our power use some. I've got readings from our plug-in meter for 499 hours worth of use without insulation and will compare the readings with the insulation after a similar amount of time. If this doesn't fix the issue of holding temperature, I have a whole unit's worth of spare parts I can use to try and fix this one, but that's a more challenging project.